Our finishes and fit out are completed at the level of quality you would expect from a high rise apartment. We pride our selves on high standards throughout the entire process, not just the build.
We take the hassle out of building for our clients. We look after the process from start to finish and thereafter. You will liaise with an assigned member of our team to answer any questions you have.
Our build is an unusually fast build, depending on the weather and client changes. We stick to strict deadlines and our team members are highly organised so that your Pod is completed ASAP.
We are conducting online site inspections!
Book in a virtual site inspection
Because of Covid-19 we are offering the opportunity to meet with us virtually. Therefore, you can now book a site inspection with the directors via Google meet. You can show us your block and we will show you how we think a Pod would best fit on your block.
Looking forward to meeting with you online shortly!
LAUNCHING THE NEW MINI POD
For those who wanted a Pod half the size, half the cost. Read more
Perfect for Airbnb, pool house, office, hotel or rural accommodation.
The Pod Podcast
Learn about the rules, regulations and get educated on what you should know when building a granny flat / secondary residence in Canberra and surrounds. Jacqueline Valk and Robert valk discuss their experiences and explore ideas to better help the community build trust back in builders.
FOLLOW US ON SPOTIFY BY CLICKING BELOW
WHAT YOU WILL GET WITH THE POD
Plans & Approvals
Pod Build with High-Quality Inclusions
- Architecturally designed modern secondary residence
- A stress-free process that is brought together by one team
- Controlled and well-organised staged construction period that includes: Site planning, preparation of the site, basic site works, footings and the complete build.
- Full plans and local planning approvals including: Block survey, floor plans, development application (DA), building approval application (BA), engineer & hydraulic plans, disability architect sign off and a minimum energy efficiency rating of 6 and above.
- Includes the luxuries of: air-conditioning, block out blinds, dishwasher, stovetop, range hood, stainless steel fridge, microwave, separate washing machine & dryer installed, engineered timber flooring coverings & blinds, plus a TV mounted on the bedroom wall.
- 90 day maintenance period
- Floor, walls & ceiling insulation bats from R2 (walls & floor) – R5 (ceiling).
- An approximate timeframe of 6 months for approvals and build.